In this module you can set server and panel parameters, such as server name (hostname), the region and time zone by which the server calculates its time, automatic software updates, etc.
- Server name — enter the name (hostname) of the server. It is used by some applications. The value must be a domain name not lower than the second level;
- Time zone — select the time to be displayed on the server with ispmanager— UTC or local. To set the local time, select Region and Location;
- Server time — your current server time.
- Update software automatically— A daily scheduler job that automatically installs software updates using the OS package manager is started. The default task starts at 3:10 a.m. server time, you can change the start time in the scheduler (Cron jobs section). All software installed on the server using the package manager is updated, both our and the server software;
- Grant access to ispmanager support — select the checkbox to automatically provide ispmanager support staff with SSH access to your server. For security reasons we neither ask nor save the passwords of our clients. Selecting/clearing this checkbox enables a client to allow/revoke ispmanager support staff to access his server (normally, we need to access your servers for troubleshooting). If you enable the checkbox, the system will download the ssh-key and grant root access to your server both via shell and the control panel. Clearing the checkbox will delete the key. Our partners can activate keys for their own support staff, so in this case, you will see the name of our partner in the tooltip.
The settings in this section are saved separately for each control panel installed on your server
- Password strength — the panel calculates the complexity of the passwords entered, you can use this parameter to prohibit the use of weak passwords. For more information about the parameters responsible for password generation and complexity, see the Configuration parameters article (parameters PWGenCharacters, PWGenLen, PWStrength);
- Social login — enable this option so that control panel users could log in using their social networking accounts. For more info see Configure social networking authorization;
- Log rotation:
- Keep the log, days— the number of days to keep the record in the operations log;
- Keep logs, days — the number of days for to keep the system log archives.