How to work with Docker
After adding a container to the panel: (see Add a container), when it is selected, the following buttons become available:
- Start – starts the container;
- Stop – stops the container;
- Delete – removes the container;
- Container settings– opens the container settings (see Container settings);
- Create an image – opens the container image creation form (see Create an image);
- Image management – the list of images created from containers (see Image management);
- Configuration file– opens the JSON-file of Docker configuration (see Configuration file).
Create an image
To create an image:
- Select the needed container from the list and click on Create an image.
- Fill in the form that opens:
- Click on Save.
To view and manage the created images click on Image management in the Containers form.
The form contains a list with all created images and information about them:
- In use – the image status;
The following actions are also available:
- Run container– launches the container setup (see Container settings), which was used to create the image;
- Delete – removes the selected container image;
- Delete unused – removes all unused container images (all images that have No in the In use column)
To access the configuration click on Configuration file.