Create a cluster node
A cluster is a group of nodes in ISPmanager. Cluster nodes can be a physical or virtual server. You need to configure the servers before adding them into the cluster. For more information please refer to the article Server requirements.
To add a new cluster node go to Cluster settings → Cluster nodes → Add.
- Select the type of the Cluster node:
- local — the server with ISPmanager.
- Enter the Name of the cluster node that will be displayed in ISPmanager.
- Enter the server Domain name.
- Enter the IP address and SSH port of the server. The default value is "22". NoteFor the cluster node, you cannot specify an IP address that was added through the control panel from the IP address database or IPmanager database. This IP address must be removed from the control panel and entered on the network interface using the server console.
- Enter the Administrator name. The default name is "root".
- Select the method for Authentication on server:
- by password — enter the server administrator password.
- by SSH key — enter the public SSH-keys from the server with ISPmanager. To do so, copy the Public key and add it into the file /
/.ssh/authorized_keyson the server:
- Enter additional information in the Comment field. It will be displayed in the list of cluster nodes → the Comment column.
Cluster node roles
Roles define the functions that a server will perform in the cluster:
- Set the sever Priority. The priority allows selecting a cluster node where a new user and his main role will be created. The higher the priority, the more users will be located on the cluster node. Details
- Enable the roles:
- Web-server (main role) — the main role of the cluster node including such features as web-server, FTP. User files are located on this node. Read more in Web server configuration.
- Primary name server — this node is used as the primary name server. Read more in Domain names.
- Name server (secondary) — this node is used as a secondary name server. Read more in Domain names.
- Mail server — this node is used as a mail server.
- MySQL server — this node is used as a MySQL server. Enable the option Remote MySQL access and select the IP addresses that will be allowed to access the server. Read more in https://ispsystem.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/I6BD/pages/7864768.
- PostgreSQL server — this node is used as a PostgreSQL server. Read more in https://ispsystem.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/I6BD/pages/7864768.
- Backup server — this node is used for creating backup copies. Learn more in Backup copies.
- Click on Ok.